Bachelor in International Hotel Management
Good social skills and a service ethos
Ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected
Strong work ethic and enjoyment of teamwork
Immaculate personnal appearance and openness to other cultures
To apply for one of the educational programs at Vatel Bordeaux, applicants must follow the application process described below and comply with the appropriate entry requirements.
If you are interested in joining us or unsure about your qualifications for a particular program, our international admissions team will be happy to advise you through the application process.
If you need a visa to study in France, please apply long enough in advance to allow enough time to complete your immigration formalities.
Bachelor in International Hotel Management
- High School graduation certificate (Bac, A-Level, Bachilerato, IB, GAO-CAO or equivalent) or University Entrance Exam
- English proficiency (for students applying for the English program): TOEFL Ibt 80, IEL 5.5, Cambridge CPE/CAE B2, FCE Grade B minimum
- French proficiency (for students wishing to enroll on the French program): DELF or FCF B2
MBA in International Hotel Management
- High School graduation certificate – National Diploma, 2 year-course after Hisg School (entry in Foundation Year)
- Bachelor’s degree in a different major than Hospitality/Tourism (entry in Foundation Year)
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Tourism (MBA Direct Entry)
- English profiency (for students applying for the English program): TOEFL Ibt 90, IELTS 6.0, Cambridge CPE/CAE B2, FCE Grade A minimum
- French proficiency (for students wishing to ener the French program): DELF or TCF B2 (minimum) or DALF C1 (recommended)
HOW DO YOU APPLY ?
Before starting your online application, please read the instructions carefully
STEP 1 : APPLICATION
Applicants are kindly requested to send us the following documents :
- Application form duly completed
- Application form and Refund policy duly completed & signed by the applicant, parent/guardian and financial sponsor
- Copies of previous degrees and diplomas
- Copy of school transcripts showing your subjects studied and grades obtained over the previous 3 years
- Color copy of your passport
- Copy of official English / French language test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.)
- One passport-size photograph with a white background, face not covered by hair, mouth closed and no glasses
- An essay answering the following 4 questions (on a separate sheet of paper, in English – Bachelor’s : 2 pages; Master’s & MBAs: 4 pages maximum)
- Where is your motivation for hospitality and tourism industry coming from ?
- Do you have prior knowledge or experience, if any, in the hospitality industry ?
- What are the principal characteristics needed to become an efficient manager in the hospitality industry ?
- Give 3 of your personality traits that would make Vatel admit you as one of its students ?
STEP 3 : ADMISSION
Within 30 days of the PLOA’s issue date, applicants are expected to proceed with the payment of the non-refundable admission fees (350.00 euros) and the down payment of a guarantee deposit (3000.00 euros), in euros and by bank transfer.
- This deposit confirms the candidate’s place in the program and the guarantee deposit is deductible from the 1st year tuition fees
- The guarantee deposit is refundable if a formal written cancellation is received 12 weeks prior to the intake (Ref. refund policy).
Meanwhile, the Admission committee will acknowledge receipt of the payment by providing:
- a Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
- an Accreditation Letter
- a Statement of medical coverage
- Vatel Bordeaux banking details
STEP 2 : ENTRY EXAM
On receipt of the Application Form including all required documents, the Admission committee will invite the candidates to perform the 2 steps of the entry exam:
- Online test: English logic, personality for Bachelor / personality test for MBA
- An interview by Skype in English (15 minutes for Bachelor / 30 minutes for MBA)
In case of Acceptance, the Admission committee will then inform the candidate within 2 weeks of their decision by providing:
- A Provisional Letter of Acceptance (PLOA)
- A pro-forma invoice
- VATEL Bordeaux banking details
We will also ask you:
- Vatel Medical certificate (signed and stamped by doctor)
- Records for Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and Polio
- Copy of birth certifcate
In case of rejection, a brief written explanation of the reasons will be provided.
STEP 4 : FINAL REGISTRATION AND ARRIVAL
On or before 20th of July, the total fees (tuition and compulsory fees) relating to the 1st year should be paid.