Bachelor’s degree in International Hotel Management
Good social skills and a service ethos
Ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected
Strong work ethic and enjoyment of teamwork
Immaculate personnal appearance and openness to other cultures
To apply for one of the educational programs at Vatel Bordeaux, applicants must follow the application process described below and comply with the appropriate entry requirements.
If you are interested in joining us or unsure about your qualifications for a particular program, our international admissions team will be happy to advise you through the application process.
If you need a visa to study in France, please applylong enough in advance to allow enough time to complete your immigration formalities.
Bachelor in International Hotel Management
- High School graduation certificate (Bac, A-Level, Bachilerato, IB, GAO-CAO or equivalent) or University Entrance Exam
- English proficiency (for students applying for the English program): TOEFL Ibt 80, IEL 5.5, Cambridge CPE/CAE B2, FCE Grade B minimum
- French proficiency (for students wishing to enroll on the French program): DELF or FCF B2
MBA in International Hotel Management
- High School graduation certificate – National Diploma, 2 year-course after Hisg School (entry in Foundation Year)
- Bachelor’s degree in a different major than Hospitality/Tourism (entry in Foundation Year)
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Tourism (MBA Direct Entry)
- English profiency (for students applying for the English program): TOEFL Ibt 90, IELTS 6.0, Cambridge CPE/CAE B2, FCE Grade A minimum
- French proficiency (for students wishing to ener the French program): DELF or TCF B2 (minimum) or DALF C1 (recommended)
HOW DO YOU APPLY ?
Before starting your online application, please read the instructions carefully
Applicants are kindly requested to send us the following documents :
- Application form duly completed
- Cover letter written in English
- Copies of previous degrees and diplomas
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of school transcripts showing your subjects studied and grades obtained over the previous 3-4 years
- Copy of official English / French language test scores
1 passport-size photograph with a white backgroung, face not covered by hair, mouth closed and no glasses
- An written presentation answering the following 4 questions
On a separate sheet of paper, in English (Bachelor’s : 1 page; Master’s & MBAs: 3 pages)
- Where is your motivation for hospitality and tourism industry coming from ?
- Do you have prior knowledge or experience, if any, in the hospitality industry ?
- What are the principal characteristics needed to become an efficient manager in the hospitality industry ?
- Give 3 of your personality traits that would make Vatel admit you as one of its students ?
On the receipt of LOA, applicants are expected to proceed with the payment of the non-refundable enrolment fees (€350) and the down payment of a deposit (€3,000), by bank transfer in Euros, within 30 days of the date of the LOA. This deposit confirms the candidat’s place on the program and is refundable if a formal written cancellation is received 12 weeks prior to the official start date. The deposit is deducted from the 1st year tuition fees.
The total fees relating to the 1st school year should be paid at least 12 weeks prior to the new intake date in order to allow sufficient time for the Long-Term Student Visa procedure. On receipt of payment, Vatel will immediately issue the Letter of Guarantee & Residence (LGR) confirming your final admission. Both the LOA and LGR are compulsory requirements when applying for a student visa at the French Embassy Consulate.
In the event of a student postponing his/her studies after the deposit has been paid, the balance will be kept for the next intake period only. No refund will be provided in this case.
On receipt of the Application Form including all required documents, we will ask you:
- Online test: English logic, personality for Bachelor / personality test for MBA
- An interview by Skype in English (15 minutes for Bachelor / 30 minutes for MBA)
The committee will then inform the candidate within 2 weeks of their decision with a Provisional Letter of Acceptance (PLOA) and will ask you :
- Vatel Medical certificate (signed and stamped by doctor)
- Records for Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and Polio
- Copy of birth certifcate
In case of rejection, a brief written explanation of the reasons will be provided.
When the student visa has been obtained, the applicant should immediately send a copy to the Vatel Admission office (by fax or by mail).
Note: Students currently on their final year may also apply for the next intake period at a later date, subject to the successful completion of their degree / diploma, before the strat of the Vatel program.