After arriving in France, you will be able to register to the French Medical Coverage (CPAM) which will cover up to 70% of your medical expenses.
We will help you join the French student social security scheme, and will guide you through the formalities required to obtain 100% coverage:
- Register to the French Medical Coverage
- Get the provisional Proof of coverage and Social Security Number. Delay : Around 3 Months after the registration
- Subscribe to a supplemental Health Insurance (Mutuelle) to be covered at 100*
- Get the definitive Proof of coverage and Social Security Number. Delay : Around 6 to 8 Months after the registration
- Declare your Personal Doctor (Médecin Traitant)
- Get your Vital Card
*Supplemental Health Insurance : this will depend on your situation, and the coverage cost you around 20 to 30€ per month. This kind of insurance are offered by private insurance, therefore we have negociated for you specific offers with student rate.
Depending on the delay of the CPAM, after your registration, you will need to wait at least 3 months to be covered, therefore you have to :
- If you’re EU-Citizens: Come with your EU Medical Coverage Card
- If you’re non-EU-Citizen: Get a private insurance for the 1st 3 months in France